Welcome to Origin Independence, a mid-century gem conveniently located in the Spuyten Duyvil – Riverdale neighborhood. Originally built in 1961, Origin Independence blends the gracious proportions of midcentury architecture with a top-of-the line developer restoration. The entry sequence containing charming original details including façade relief work, a terrazzo lobby, and vintage mail chutes and mailboxes has been meticulously restored for modern living.
Origin Independence is surrounded by a plethora of parks, including the world-famous Van Cortland Park. Stunning Henry Hudson Park is right in your front yard. Minutes from the Knolls Crescent and Johnson business districts, there are many options for restaurants, markets, banks, and libraries. Situated alongside Palisade Avenue, residents also enjoy magnificent views of the George Washington Bridge, the Palisades, and spectacular sunset views. Located close to the Spuyten Duyvil Metro North Station, three city bound express buses, and just 22 minutes from Grand Central, and offering direct access to the Henry Hudson Parkway (9A), Origin Independence is ideally located for travel and commuting. The building is also one block away from BxM 1,2,3, as well as local buses that connect to the subway within a 5-stop (15 minute) ride.
2530 Independence Ave, Bronx, NY 10463
One, Two, and Three Bedrooms
800 to 1,150 sq ft
*More sizes and layouts available throughout the collection.
Charming original detailing such as façade relief work, Art Deco design, and vintage mail chutes and mailboxes. Interiors feature engineered wood floors, custom cabinetry, LG and GE appliances, and premium finishes and fixtures throughout.
- Oceanfront Birch 3/8" x 5" engineered wood flooring
- Flushmount Hampton Bay Flaxmere overhead lighting fixtures
- Interior solid core single panel doors by Brosco with chrome hardware from Yale
- 6" base moldings
- Custom stained wood door cabinetry with smoke finish
- MSI Valentin 3cm countertops in warm white
- Undermount sink by Elkay
- American Olean ceramic backsplash in 4" x 4" ice white gloss
- Chrome faucet with pulldown spray by Huntington Brass
- 30" refrigerator by LG
- Dishwasher by LG
- Gas ranges by LG
- Microwaves by GE
- All stainless steel appliances
- Marvel Pro Grey Fleury polished 12" x 24" wall tile
- Marvel Pro Statuario Select polished 12" x 24" floor tile
- Princeton Americast 60" bathtub
- Meritor frameless shower doors
- Toto Entrada toilet
- Kohler Verdera aluminum 20" single door medicine cabinet
- Custom two-door white vanity with ceramic top and chrome faucet by Huntington Brass
- Brushed nickel LED sconce by Progress Lighting
- Chrome bathroom fittings and trims by Huntington Brass, including bath and shower controls, shower rod, towel bar, toilet paper holder, and robe hook
The Suburban Enclave of The Bronx
A diverse oasis where the Harlem and Hudson Rivers meet. Though you’ll find apartment buildings here and there, many residents of Spuyten-Duyvil-Riverdale own their own homes.Learn More